8 March 2006

So little of interest has happened over the last few days that it has all blurred into one. Trying to arrange a weekend away in Sheffield so that we can see Assassins at the Crucible. However, there doesn't seem to be anywhere boutique-y, cool and contemporary to stay, unless we go to Nottingham or Leeds. I found one place - The Crown at Bawtry which looks pretty good - a converted 17th century coaching inn that's been made all stylishly modern. But then I found this.... Eeek! Everyone at work wants me to stay here so they can have a good story, but I'm not sure.

I'm quite taken by a restaurant with rooms that I've found near Nottingham called Sat Bains.. Definitely, more my kind of thing.

Anyway, once that's sorted out should all be fun. We can mooch around the Peak District for a bit and best tickets at the Crucible are only £17! What a difference from the West End, eh?

On Sunday, went to the gym to do a bit of rock wall climbing. My arms are now killing me. Fell off the wall at the end because I couldn't hold on any longer. Then yesterday the instructor made us do a gazillion sit-ups and so my stomach hurts.

This evening will be working for ex-boss on some presentation. Yesterday's team pizza lunch, what I organised, went very well. Some people scoffed more than their requisite two-thirds of a pizza though, as lots of people only seemed to have two bits. Had to feed sixty-five people though so, all in all, I estimated things pretty well. We were a sight carrying forty pizzas, fifteen salads, four boxes of dough balls and sundry dressings, toppings etc across the road. Made the whole office envious.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
I'd give The Crown at Bawtry a miss too. You might bring one back with you.
 
We havent heard any stories about The Crown at Bawtry and we live there. It is lovely but so far away from sheffield crucible. It would take about an hour, maybe slightly longer.
Have a lovely weekend.
 
Thank you for letting me know. We ended up staying in Sheffield at the Macdonald St Pauls, which was very nice indeed. Maybe we shall venture to Bawtry on another trip - it sounds nice from some websites I've seen.
 
I think Bawtry is wonderful. I wasnt brought up here, but chose to live here.
There's lots of quaint shops but its not a day visit, more of a passing through visit really. Be sure to search all the alley ways which take you to some quaint and quirky shops.
If you do decide to visit, be sure to look into our window like the other tourists do. I promise to wave!!!
Glad to hear that you had a good time in Sheff.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?