20 February 2006

Well, surprise, surprise... I did get called for the Billy Elliot audition after all. Fortunately, I had the foresight to bring some sheet music into work with me, but no make-up. Had to dash to the gym to practice singing in the studio and then bummed make-up off everyone in the department. The office is a surprisingly make-up free zone. Put on a motley range of green eyeliner, blue eyeshadow and rouge with lip salve for lipstick.

Arrived at the audition to find I was in competition with about 4 Kims and 3 Gigis from Miss Saigon. What was I doing there? I don't know. The only consolation is that I was the only who was actually Chinese and could do a passable Northern (of non-specific area) accent.

Still, I feel actually being able to sing might count for more. The casting director was very nice and said 'Well done... no, really well done'. She said it was nice to see me again as she hadn't seen me for so long. I thought - well, that's because you cast musicals mainly and I can't sing. Anyhow, I didn't disgrace myself and left with dignity replete.

Work was duller than a dull thing in dull land Arizona. I wish I was starting in Billy Elliot tomorrow. Sigh....

On the bus home today, the lady bus driver's voice came over on the tannoy asking, "...the person playing music loudly on their headphones so that it annoys everyone on the bus to please turn it off." She then said, "Or if you're sitting next to the person, please tap them on the shoulder and tell them." It was very gratifying, although a tad big brotherish. She was ignored, of course.

Labels: ,


Comments:
ooh, how exciting! maybe they will hire you. Then I can stop boasting about your cameo in Bridget Jones and start boasting about this instead.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?