29 October 2005

They shouldn't allow smelly people on buses.

Had an interminable bus journey last night on the way back from the gym. The congestion charge has apparently forced people to drive in town only on Friday nights thus making my already incredibly tedious bus journey even longer.

And then, from Camberwell to Dulwich, was forced to hold my breath and breathe through my mouth, due to incredibly smelly person sat next to me. How can a person not be aware that they smell very strongly of really old socks? This was compounded by his leaning closer every now and then to see how I was getting on with my Sudoku.

He even outsmelled my kangkong belachan that I was taking home for dinner. And that's saying something.

I wonder why no one has invented a "Smellometer" that can measure intensity of smells, and someone who goes over a certain limit is banned from public places. That includes people who wear too much perfume/aftershave. Mmmm, that would be nice.

Labels:


Comments:
you know blogger has a function which you can enable to stop irritating comments like this one.
 
now that you have deleted the comment I was referring to, it makes my previous comment look as though it was referring to itself and therefore slightly wittier than I had intended
 
what was the irritating comment?
 
I know. I thought that was funny too!

It was some advertising spam thing.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?