11 October 2008

Watched Flamenco Flamen-ka last night, courtesy of my agent and good friend, R. As dance shows go, it was not bad, and the experience was greatly enhanced by the hunky, yet snake-hipped men, stamping their feet and brandishing daggers with wild abandon. Sadly, the one that caught my fancy was probably the least accomplished dancer, which dampened my enthusiasm for looking at him slightly. His shoulders seemed permanently around his ears and his hands were like little planks of wood, but he did have a passing resemblance to Hugh Jackman.

Like other Latin dance based theatre extravaganzas I've seen, they tried to incorporate some kind of dodgy storyline and then proceeded to sing in Spanish something not all together related and quite incomprehensible to about 80 percent of the audience. But the dancing was very good and the tango bits were sublime. I must take up tango again.

Today my best friend's baby sister gets married. When I first met her she was about ten. How time flies.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?