18 July 2008

I saw a firefly tonight for the first time in my life. I was outside locking the gate when I saw a tiny pinprick of light floating around over the tops of the trees in the garden. It made me smile.

We were in Esquire Kitchen again today partaking of their set lunch. RM55 for 4 dishes which we topped up with a tofu dish for RM9 and flower buns and rice. We had cashew nut chicken with dried chillies, French beans with minced pork and dried prawns, double cooked pork with chilli and fermented yellow beans and a seafood casserole brimming with exciting things like sea cucumber and abalone, as well as prawns and octopus and asparagus. A feast for five for the princely sum of about RM90 all in.

In the afternoon we went to watch Wanted which was a rollicking shootout fest with lots of blood and car chases and destruction on train action thrown in. It was full of plot potholes and practically requires you to suspend any semblance of belief whatsoever but was still excellent fun with plenty of eye candy for all and coolness in spades. Makes you want to run out and be a super secret assassin or at least a shady double agent type. But I’ll settle for renewed impetus to workout more and dressing like Angelina Jolie in an effort to look super cool.

After that it was home to homemade Suzhou pork jiaoji courtesy of my aunt who has come to visit.

Oh – I found the watch I want online. It’s a lovely 50s styled watch in matt silver steel with a black leather strap. I will have to wait till I’m back in the UK to buy it though, but I’m glad I’ve found it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?