12 July 2008

I have found an excellent singing teacher in East Dulwich. Having given up the whole singing lark, the trauma when auditioning and the general unpleasant sweatiness that accompanied the whole singing in front of people thing, I finally remembered after 10 years that I actually enjoy singing, even if no-one else likes listening to it.

So, I've started singing lessons again. Just for fun, for my own pleasure and to preclude any feelings of abject terror if forced to sing at the odd casting or two.

With trusty Google as my tool, I found a few singing teachers in East Dulwich who wouldn't break the old bank and took the plunge.

Well, what luck....

As it happens my teacher is really good. He is thorough, has great musicality, understands technique, expression etc but, most of all, he inspires confidence in his pupils. I don't feel like a putz when I am singing and I don't forget to breathe or feel my throat seize up like I've gone into anaphylactic shock. And that is the best quality of all.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?