12 July 2008

I am back in the bosom of my family in Malaysia for a couple of weeks. After the events of the past month which have uprooted my life completely and cast me into turmoil, I am so happy to have my home and family around me now.

I have left the flat uncharacteristically tidy for my return. And my usually tidy mind now needs to be calmed, composed and I need to rebuild my life and my reasons for living.

The flight home was via Dubai with a three hour transit. It wasn't as bad a trip as I remember it from doing it in 2001. Dubai Airport hasn't changed much, as far as I can see, but it was much busier than before. The shopping mall sells expensive stuff but it just looks like some tacky bazaar. The airport is under renovation so we parked up somewhere that felt like it was in another country or something. It took the bus almost half an hour to get us to the terminal.

Anyway, we landed late in Dubai, so the turnaround was quite quick and it was good to stretch the legs. Looked for a duty-free watch to replace my lost one but, honestly, they were all horrible. Really shiny and covered in tacky gold, diamond stuff.

The food on Emirates was not bad. The chicken curry biriani was tasty and there was lots of green stuff and fruit. The breakfast fried noodles are to be steered clear of - they were gloopy and covered in some kind of radioactive sweet and sour sauce goop.

First meal in Malaysia:
Crispy garoupa in soya sauce (Yau Jam Sek Pan)(the Lee family fish of choice)
Silky aubergine with dried prawns
Spinach soup
Gold coin tofu with crab sauce and black vinegar
Deep fried salt fish
Rice
Barley water
Red hot chillies and little killer green ones

All for the princely sum of RM$58.60 (about £9.15) for four people.

Welcome home me!

Comments:
Welcome home gilamonster!

When did you change the name?
 
Last week some time. Just felt the need for a change.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?