26 November 2007

No internet at home for nearly a week. What a disaster! Who would have thunk that one was so dependent on the internet.

I have temp work at the moment which is a relief. The company I'm working for provides free food. Hurrah! I couldn't be happier. And it's only 5 mins from the gym, so I can work off those excess calories.

My accountant is threatening to cut me off because I haven't sent him my receipts for my income tax return yet. I hate this time of year. It's so tedious and a little depressing working out how much money I've not earned this year. Ah well, needs must, and I must get my tax done.

I tried signing on for the first time in my life, as the Insolvency Service said I wouldn't get my Late Notice of Dismissal money if I didn't. It took so long and was so long-winded that I found work before the claim was complete. This is why I've never bothered to sign on before.

We've had new doubleglazing put in. The house is now toasty warm. This is a good thing as the boiler is now playing up and all our electrics are giving up the ghost, bit by bit. I think the house is determined to eat up all our cash this year. Sigh...

Comments:
What happened to your internet?
 
It's actually the phone line. It has gone down completely - so if Mum tries to call at the weekend, she should try my mobile, as we probably won't have land line for another week.
 
count yourself lucky if you managed to get BT to pick up the phone, the useless bums. If their phone lines are constantly busy, WHY DON'T THEY HIRE MORE PEOPLE TO ANSWER THE PHONES, eh?
 
Ah, this entry has the ring of familiarity about it. I'm poor as well, but poverty can be such an enriching experience - think about the numerous bargains to be had from charity shops and jumble sales. The weekly shops to Iceland or Netto and the hours of fun to be had pootling around the Pound shops.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?