14 October 2007

Now I'm nervous at the thought of starting a whole new company from scratch. The administrative details alone seem to be a bit of a nightmare. No infrastructure in place at all - just a bunch of willing employees, raring to go.

But no e-mail, headed paper, couriers, taxis, telephones, stationery, computer server... And also shortly, no office.

I wish I could spend more time pottering about East Dulwich and less time slogging away in town so that I can afford to potter around East Dulwich. Spent a pleasant afternoon wandering around the shops and seeing if I could spend any money to celebrate still having a job. Only came back with household essentials but the fun was had in the pottering.

I love that JL's new food hall does ready made meatballs in pork, lamb or beef, so you don't have to faff around with rolling up the mince yourself. Then you can just pop them into noodle soup or make meatball and tomato sauce linguine at the drop of a hat. Made lovely tomato sauce with a ton of tomatoes from Pretty Traditional, the greengrocers, and a satisfying full and leafy bunch of flat leaf parsley. And the best thing is there's some left over for tea today.

Comments:
All handy experience I'm sure. It might even go towards starting your own whole new company one day.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?