16 July 2007

We had our annual rooftop barbecue at the weekend. Spent Friday night at our newly refurbed Sainsburys. One can do a lot worse than go shopping for food on a Friday night. Everyone was out boozing so the supermarket was virtually empty. We barely bought any booze, relying on the premise that everyone else brings a bottle to parties. We were right. We also shouldn't have bothered buying any food because everyone brought some of that too and we ended up with more food than when we started.

Saturday was spent going to the dump, where an extraordinarily helpful dump attendant showed us where to put the right sort of stuff in the right place and even helped us a little with the dumping. There's a turn up for the books.

Saturday night was spent grinding, blending and general machinations to make satay marinade. Then up bright and early on Sunday to make satay sauce and skewer little bits of chicken and beef onto skewers.

Anyway, all the food went down well. The satay was good, if I say so myself. I've never made it before and I was pretty darned impressed.

Now we're pooped, have far too much food in the fridge and need a holiday. That's why we only ever do one barbecue in a year. Maybe next year there'll be railings on the roof so there's no danger of anyone falling off.

Comments:
You can't beat a good dump.
 
No, you can't. There's nothing like purging the house of accumulated junk. We should do it more often.
 
What my neighbour upstairs in Berlin did was invite me to the party as well. I had another party that night, and I got back late enough that I couldn't be bothered to go. Wish I had now. Then I found out what it was like to have lots of thumping (loud dancing party) going on two feet above my head. (My bed was one of those high German beds, like the top storey of a double decker bed, Ikea has examples.)
 
Yes, you should drop your load as often as possible.
 
Nothing like a Fumie to lower the tone...
 
I don't know what you mean, Bobs, I am sure. Now I'm just going to drop the kids off at the pool.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?