21 May 2007

We leave for hols in 4 days. Hurrrrrahhhhh! I just don't know how I'm going to have everything done at work before I leave. I don't want to be one of those people that leaves a lousy handover so that everyone who is left behind to do my dirty work has a rubbish time of it, but I suspect that this may indeed happen.

(I've just noticed Blogger Autosaves now - wah!)

I am so looking forward to the holiday part though. We get our new laptop tomorrow onto which we will download all our holiday entertainment and about a gazillion lessons from Chinesepod.

Watched Over the Hedge and Fearless over the weekend. Both entertaining in their own right. That Jet Li can sure do a mean fistfight (not to mention the myriad other weapons he bandied about). What will the serious historical wushu genre do without him?

Comments:
Which laptop did you get? I went to the PC fair and grilled half a dozen laptops (and their mostly bewildered and clueless sales representatives) checking if the laptops would run a Linux Live CD, checking the BIOS (to see what security options there were and if it would boot from USB), checking if the HDD and RAM were easy to get at so I could upgrade those without taking the thing apart, and miscellaneous bits and bobs, and in the end I didn't buy any of them. My notebook is still chugging along with a pencil eraser wedged in under the power connector at the back.
 
wow, I don't even know what those questions mean. Which one would you get, after all that? Then I can just tumpang on your research and buy the same one.
 
I don't know what they mean either. We got a pretty one with flashy lights that plays movies, music and games very fast. It's an Alienware m5550 with 80GB, duo core processor and 2056 RAM and all the wifi, blah blah stuff.
 
There was one thing or the other lacking in each one of them which was why I didn't get one in the end.

How much was your Alienware m5550? Is it this one: review on notebookreview.com
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?