3 March 2007

The refurbishment at work gets underway on Monday. Hurrah! I will be in building contractor hell for the next 12 weeks. The guy who is changing the emergency switches came in yesterday to get his quotation signed off. In the meantime, he said there was some problem with some of the emergency lighting coming off the electrical circuit from the basement kitchen and did I think they needed to switch the ring to which it was connected or should the guys who were doing the electrical testing. I said, I don't know, go and ask our project manager. He said, 'Can I just have a look at the area again to make sure'. So, I took him down and then he proceeded to try and explain the whole thing to me again. I said, 'Don't ask me. Go and ask our project manager. I don't know'. He said, 'Yes, well, it's obvious isn't it. That you don't know.' I restrained myself from punching him. A lot of vicious and uncharitable thoughts were going through my mind at that point, but far too many to list here.

We had KFC for dinner last night. It's just beyond me why they don't do mash at KFC here. So, I bought lots of chicken, some coleslaw, a bucketload of gravy and two corn cobettes and came home and made mash. Mmmmm! Now, that's a good old plate of finger lickin' Southern Fried poor white trash food.

We have a fantastic new 32 inch flat screen telly of the Sony Bravia variety. It's a thing of beauty. We come home and sit open mouthed at the pretty clear picture. We also have an extra seventy-something channels as it has an inbuilt Freeview tuner thing. There's still nothing to watch on telly though. It does mean I can watch University Challenge and the Antiques Roadshow a lot more, which is no bad thing.

My TV viewing of choice at the moment is Never Mind The Buzzcocks which has been lifted to the level of must-see cult watching due to the introduction of Simon Amstell as host. What a revelation! Although, should I ever become any kind of a celebrity in future, I'd definitely avoid being interviewed by him.

Comments:
I think the emergency switch guy probably just fancied you. Being obnoxious is just a male mating technique. The fact that it never works seems to be lost on them.

We had KFC the other week. It was OK, a bit greasy. The best KFC in the world is Malaysian KFC. It has to be high standard as otherwise they cannot compete with ayam goreng.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?