22 March 2007

It has dawned on me that I seem to have slipped into some kind of a work vacuum. Every day consists of schlepping to work, dealing with stupid people in high quantities and then schlepping home again. This week, particularly exacerbated by my spectacularly dull and ineffectual temp who has some kind of verbal diarrhoea. She spends the day giving me a blow by blow account of everything she does while she's doing it - only stopping to ask me inane and annoying questions like 'Is the Park Hyatt Saigon in London?' or blathering on about the weather, her journey to work, her inability to find a fulltime job, blah, blah, blah...

This all has the effect of making me unable to do or think about anything else due to complete mental fatigue. I must forcibly quell the urge to just eat and fall into bed when I get home and actually go to the gym a bit more frequently or write my blog. Still managing to squeeze in a couple of gym sessions and several Chinese lessons so all is not lost quite yet.

Comments:
What happened to your new assistant? How is she doing?
 
She went on holiday. Sheesh! She's doing pretty okay. Very helpful and good at doing stuff like filing, getting lunches etc. But has made some corking errors, so have to keep a tight rein at the mo.
 
you have actually slipped into a Not Posting in your Blog vacuum - this won't do, young lady. Come on, pull your socks up.
 
Yes, you have a public, you know.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?