22 February 2007

I have nothing to write about. My life is an endless parade of working long hours and ranting at useless people.

M-A's wedding was nice. It went by very quickly. It's amazing how many months agonising has gone into it and then - poof - it's over like a flash. We drove 3 1/2 hours to get there and back. Still, she looked radiant and the important thing is they're off for a well-earned holiday.

I've signed up for a Mandarin course in April. Optimistically, I've gone for module 3 in the course as I have fulfilled the requisite being able to recognise over 60-80 characters and can make simple conversation about everyday things.

Yesterday, in the space of 5 minutes, I had a conversation in Cantonese with the proprietress of my fave Vietnamese café about why I hadn't been there so long and about moving office, then, was collared by a woman in the street in Mandarin about a place called Beijing Ding something something, which she couldn't find and I managed to squeeze out a quick 'Sorry, I don't know where it is' back. I feel quite the linguist!

Comments:
My stock response is: Ngo m sik gong gong fu wa, self-contradictory though it is.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?