4 February 2007

Bought lots of comfy shoes for work today - all European and a mix of sporty yet smart, a combination sadly missing from most British designed shoes (excepting Clarks). The most exciting is a pair of knee high boots that can encompass my massive guppy shaped calves from a German company called Gabor. Hurrah! At last I can sashay down the street pretending to be a fashionista from the pages of a magazine.

Spent some of my Christmas vouchers on silicone heel pads for my plantar fascitis (better known as heel pain).

Tried out L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon with my friend, P, who is a mad keen foodie. The food was spectacular. I had a crispy langoustine spring roll which contained all the bits of the langoustine most people I know avoid like the gooey bits in the head and it was delicious. Then, clams baked with a mushroom and garlic persillade. After that, crispy frogs legs with a basil sauce and, finally, three perfectly grilled pink lamb chops with a spoonful of mash potato garnished with a slice of truffle from P's plate. The food is really amazing but the portions are small... and expensive. That's really all there is to say.

Oh - they had really clever tissues to clean your fingers after picking things up. They drop these little pill shaped things into a small glass bowl of water and the pill things miraculously expand into long tubes, which unroll to become little moist towelettes. Ingenious!

We watched Little Miss Sunshine the other night. It was highly entertaining and the moment where Toni Colette breaks open an ice lolly and eats it is worth the price of admission alone.

Comments:
I just bought myself a pair of Hush Puppies (are they British or American) and they are lovely for inside or outside. Now my feet are toasty warm and elegantly shod.
 
American, I think. Lovely comfy shoes are a wonderful thing, aren't they? I was given a sample pair of pseudo-Ugg boots from work yesterday and I wore them in the snow and my feet were so gloriously toasty warm! I'm so glad there are simple pleasures that money can indeed buy.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?