2 January 2007

I got a pedometer for Christmas and today is the first day that I've done more than sleep for 16 hours since getting it. I took 6758 steps, thereby walking 5.40 km and burning 261 kcalories. I don't know what that means, but I was hungrier today than I have been for about a week.

Saw something about a Zhang Yimou film that has been out since 2005 but has completely slipped past the British film release net. It's called Riding Alone For Thousands of Miles and is, of course, not available with English subtitles anywhere. It's about a Japanese father who goes on a quest for his estranged dying son. It looks very interesting. It perplexes me that someone can make a film like Hero or like this, but can also make a doozy like House of Flying Daggers.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching it.

Have found an excellent Indian restaurant on Dering Street (where Satay Stick used to be) which does a veggie lunchbox for £2.90 or a meat lunchbox for £3.50. You get a curry, a veggie curry, a veggie side dish, a poori, rice and a small pudding for your English pounds - and it's very, very tasty. One of London's hidden bargains.

Comments:
not forgetting his latest doozy, the gaudy and vulgar (reviewer adjectives) Curse of the Golden Flower, which had all reviewers mesmerised by Gong Li's frontal attributes
 
Yeah, I saw a trailer for that one as well and wasn't altogether sure about it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?