10 December 2006

Yesterday, in the Thai Corner Café on Northcross Road there was a whole table full of Buddhist monks having lunch. There's a sight you don't often see. I thought it would be rude to peer through the window and take a photo though.

East Dulwich was absolutely heaving due to pre-Christmas shopping frenzy. I notice on Southwark's planning apps website that Le Chandelier, a few doors down from Karavan, has applied for mixed use to include a café or something. Interesting...

I've taken to wandering up and down the streets of Dulwich looking for possible do-er, up-per opportunities or plots of land on which we can build. I suspect I'm not the only one. The estate agents windows seem to be full of ex-authority flats or dwellings with such dodgy floorplans, that you can't help thinking that no building regs were acquired when they were converted. And that's it! No wonder there's a one-bed flat which needs doing up on Blackwater Street for the rather princely sum of £250,000.

Also saw a rather bijou contemporary build on Lacon Road that is very nice. That's the kind of house I'd quite like to have. That one's not for sale though.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Hi Bobbie
Just to let you know I've put a link to your blog on the on the local info page of the East Dulwich Forum, keep up the good work
regards
Mark
 
Oh, thank you very much. It's nice to know my readership has progressed from only my family and friends!
 
cool - you have a public!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?