24 December 2006

We almost have Christmas under control now. It surely has been frantic. Got all my cards sent off in time for everyone to receive some time between Christmas and New Year. Ah well, the sentiment is there at least.

I'm trying to find a nice carol service to go to in East Dulwich somewhere. There's a lot of choice but no way of telling what would be a good traditional service to go to. I may just go across the street to the one opposite the house as it means I don't have to find my way back at midnight from anywhere too far distant. Southwark Cathedral's would be nice but I think it's oversubscribed and I'm not sure how I'd get home.

We spent two hours at the Citylink in Lower Sydenham yesterday picking up a parcel from BB's sister. It seemed none too organised there. When we left, there were people there who'd been waiting longer than we had.

The queue outside William Rose's butchers yesterday at 08:44 (when we went down to get our goose) was ridiculous. It stretched past 5 shops and down to the Linedancing Club building. BB reckons there were about 100 people, though I think that's a tad of an exaggeration. Nonetheless, East Dulwich was a festival of queuing at the greengrocers, the Cheese Block and ED Deli. We went to Sainsbury's and got an organic turkey instead.

Unfortunately, later in the day (around 15:00), I walked past William Rose after having queued at above mentioned stores for a good part of the afternoon, to find that there was no queue and there were bucketloads of happily raised geese in the window. Which just goes to show that putting things off till the last minute is not always such a bad thing.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
citylink in lower sydenham is the most disorganised company I've had the displeasure to deal with. Waited an hour (I exaggerate not) one morning to be told my parcel wasn't there, phoned back as requested 2 days later to be told it had been there the whole time, arranged delivery for the following day but they 'forgot to put it on the van' so waited in all day and no parcel. Several friends have had similar experiences. I have a couple of times not ordered from other mail order places who use them (and told them why). Sure this won't make any difference but makes my life less stressful
 
While we were there, there was a chappie trying to round up the troops to sign a petition to the management at Citylink. The management did not look like they were all that concerned. The mind boggles how they keep running.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?