11 December 2006

Royal Mail has apparently given up trying to show any semblance of putting mail in the right mailboxes. Last week we received in one day, mail for next door, two doors down and about 100 houses down. At work, they have sworn blind that they delivered my new company credit card and it was signed for but mysteriously can't give us the name of who signed for it for 24 hours. Needless to say, no one in the company knows anything about it. And they wonder why people aren't posting things anymore.

Today, the Langham Hotel treated some of their London clients' PAs to a slap-up meal in the Memories Restaurant at the hotel. I was one of them. It was spectacular. Particularly because I wasn't paying.

We started with a complimentary Jerusalem artichoke cappucino. I had a mixed assiette of escargots with frogs legs fricassée to start. My main was a very beautiful monkfish with crayfish, pearl barley and a sheet of a ravioli type pasta. Dessert was a pineapple tarte with a coconut something or other and a lime sorbet. It was so pretty. I really wished I could have taken photographs but it would have been unseemly. The service was excellent if a tad leisurely. I don't get to eat like that often and I could definitely get used to it.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Regarding your post: Sounds like you might not have your regular postie on the round at the moment. This normally explains misdelivered mail, and if it's a casual/agency employee then the a: they shouldn't be delivering signed for items b: If they have, then the chances of getting it delivered and signed for go down dramatically.

To be fair to Royal Mail they get it right nearly all the time and we only complain on the few occasions when it doesn't go right.
 
I know that Royal Mail has a 98% good record for delivering mail, but it really does seem like the 2% (which equates to around 3 million letters a year apparently) do seem to involve quite a lot of letters being misdelivered to our address. There was a point last year when we had one misdelivered letter a week for about 15 weeks - which only makes you wonder how much of your own post goes astray. I know from experience that I'm the only one in our block of flats who bothers to redeliver the mail to the correct address, so that's a bit worrying.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?