3 December 2006

Okay, what's up with this? Why can't you buy tinned dace and mui choi jee yook in Chinatown anymore? Spent yesterday evening trawling through the dwindling number of Chinese supermarkets in the area trying to find them but to no avail. I know about the EU meat import ban but I didn't think that applied to fish. Besides, you can still get sambal prawns in tins and luncheon meat imported from China. So what's happened to all the good tinned stuff? It better not be some stupid EU bloody thing - I mean how much mad cow or bird flu can you possibly get from a stewed to death, tinned meat/fish product?

It's just not right. First it was long yoke and now this.

Labels:


Comments:
Move here. The land of abundant tinned dace and rendang curry powder mix,
 
I know. It's looking a bit like we're going to have to at this rate. Blumming Europeans.
 
have you read Eating Asia lately - Toni, go down and try out the curry mee in section 17 for us
 
I sure have. I commented right after you did. I really love curry mee. Sigh.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?