14 December 2006

Oh, it's gone horribly wrong. I have two agents - a main agent and, another, who is basically a friend who gets me work sometimes. My main agent likes to think she's my sole agent although she knows she isn't really. Anyway, I was put up for this murder trial show audition by my friend and did a pretty good audition, if I say so myself. Yesterday, my main agent calls up and says they were very happy with me and would like to check my availability.

Why?!!!! Why did they call the wrong agent? I'm completely nonplussed. This has never happened in 10 years. Morally, I think I need to tell my main agent that as they didn't put me up for the job it should be dealt with by my friend, but that will really piss her off (and probably the producers of the show, as well). I really don't know what's happened there. It's very strange and I don't know what to do.

Comments:
trying something
 
ugh nasty

maybe you should talk it over with your friend-agent, tell her what happened and see what she suggests. Since she got you the audition in the first place she must have contact with the producers so she's probably in a better position to sort it out with them directly.

Thus speaks one who knows nothing about show business.
 
ok, now it appears blogger is blocking my comments to beta blogger blogs (can't comment on phiz's or dg's blogs either) but if I pretend to be Other instead of Google/Blogger that works. But phiz's and dg's blogs don't have that option
 
you're commenting to say that you can't comment. Paradoxical!
 
I'm not saying anything about the dilemma because I'm completely at a loss. Thank God this is not work and I don't have to say something decisive. I expect Chateaubriand would tell you to come clean and piss everybody off. But fortunately you do not have to pay any heed to the possible views of a 19th century French homme de lettres as filtered through the consciousness of a Malaysian-Chinese accountant.
 
I agree with the Frenchman. Come clean. But also, you probably signed something for your sole agent with an exclusivity clause. If I were you, I'd say the friend is a friend, not an agent - as a) it's true and b) might not rile the clause.

Funny about commenting, I couldn't comment on Icedink yesterday because I couldn't see the word verification word. I think patience is the thing, they're rolling everything over to the new blogger (used to be called Beta) and we should expect some weirdness.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?