7 December 2006

My Mandarin teacher brought out a whole bag of those little pieces of dried beef wrapped in paper yesterday that we used to eat when we were little. Now, instead of being wrapped in little bits of pink and white waxproof paper, they come in gold and red foil. We scoffed the lot. That led into an indepth discussion into EU law and how importing meat (even in tins) into the EU was illegal. She didn't seem to bothered, which is a good thing, as it means more dried meat product for me!

Labels: , ,


Comments:
I know it's a bit off-topic, but I thought you might be interested in a literary event in Crystal Palace on Sat evening. You can see details on my blog.

Hope you don't mind me letting you know about it this way!
 
did you do all that (indepth discussion) in Mandarin?
 
More or less. With some help from her online Mandarin/Pinyin/English dictionary.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?