10 December 2006

Meat

Had a steak and chips from Black Cherry's newish menu yesterday. Medium, juicy and pink on the inside and slightly charred on the outside (the way I like it), perfectly seasoned. Came with a nicely dressed salad. Chips were okay. I've had better from them before. But on the whole, a pretty special steak, chips and salad.

If you are a bit of a greedy pig (as I am), probably better to go for the 'His' (10 oz) steak, rather than the 'Hers' (8 oz) steak.

It's been a good week for meat. I've found out that some enterprising person has started making Ngau Yoke Kon (or Chinese beef jerky) in the UK which can be purchased in select little packages from Chinatown. Pork is also available and they come in traditional 5-spice flavour or black pepper for that extra zing. I bought one of each - one for me and one for a friend. Ended up eating both packs. Whoops.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?