2 December 2006

Jerk Rock on Lordship Lane doesn't really do itself justice. The cooking is excellent - there's no doubt about that. The only problem is when you go in, unless you look like you're from the West Indies, they look a bit incredulous that you should have deigned to enter. Then, they never have any of the things that make me drag myself out of the house or get off the bus early because I really want to eat it, despite it being on their menu.

I always go in hopefully longing to have either ackee saltfish or fried fish or escoveitch fish or even callaloo. But they never do. So I always slink off with mutton curry - which is excellent but it would be nice to have something I actually went there to have.

If you like any combination of jerk-based food or brown-stew based stuff they always seem to have that.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?