25 November 2006

Yesterday, travelling to work was hell. Hell, I tell you. First there was the statutory 25 minute wait for the bus. Then, at Vauxhall tube station it was so crowded they'd closed the gates due to congestion. So, back to the buses to try and get to work but another 20 minute wait. In the meantime it started raining a lot. There was loads of traffic noise, a loud roadsweeper thingy circling the block and a mad person shouting 'Hooo!' every few seconds loudly while we waited - just noise, noise, noise. The bus was packed when it arrived. I was 30 minutes late for work.

Some may say that if the 25 minute wait is statutory I should start out earlier, but then I may as well not bother going home, seeing as I start out pretty darned early as it is.

On the way home the only additional thing to add to my misery, besides the 25 minute wait for a bus back, was a very, very smelly, unwashed and unkempt man sat next to me so I had to breathe through my mouth all the way home. Sighhh....

Labels:


Comments:
That sounds like an attractive plan. Yet, somehow, london buses seem to know when you've left the house and no matter when you get to the bus stop, you still have to wait. It's strange, but true.
 
You should write in to the SCMP and let that stupid Amanda Chapman woman know that she doesn't know she's born, as far as comparing the public transport systems of HK and London go.

As you can tell I have something of a bee in my bonnet about that asinine letter.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?