30 November 2006

Too much to do and too little time to do it in. Spent yesterday surrounded by dust and drilling noises and glue fumes as the office refurb gets underway. Also surrounded by lots of miscellaneous bits of furniture, 200 Christmas gifts to wrap and send out, about a billion Christmas cards and other such paraphenalia. I'm surprised anyone can find me in my office, so swamped am I by stuff.

The carpetters (for that is what all the fuss and bother is about) have fulfilled the age old contractor's remit of saying they'll do something in a certain period of time, but in reality only completing in three times the amount of time. They are the people for whom the Rush Job Calendar was written.

I'm off to Bristol today to film for holocausts but am perspiring at the thought of how much work there will be for me to do when I get back into the office on Friday.

With luck, by then, the fire service will have closed us down by then as they weren't happy with the state of affairs in our building after they did a cursory fire risk assessment on Tuesday. My question is why doesn't this company have an Office Manager or anyone who knows anything about Health and Safety issues and how have they managed to carry on thus far without one? And why am I being lumbered with said issues?

Needless to say, Mandarin lesson was dire yesterday as
a) I was late,
b) my mobile phone mysteriously erased my teacher's phone number so I couldn't tell her I was going to be late (or ideally cancel the lesson), and
c) I have done no homework whatsoever.

Sigh.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?