2 November 2006

I'm quite proud of myself. I had a conversation almost entirely in Mandarin with the attendant at the gym today. She's from Tientsin and engaged me in complicated talk about where I'm from, how long have I been here, how long I've been learning Chinese, who else is from Malaysia/Singapore at the gym.. blah, blah, blah. And I did alright. Well, she seemed to understand me and said 'Fei chang hao' a lot.

My Chinese teacher seems to like me. She invited me to go swimming sometime, even though I constructed a sentence using the word 'never' which was, "I never go swimming in winter".

I've found a great website called Think Geek. I think I'll buy the T-shirt that says, "No, I won't fix your computer." and wear it prominently in front of all the people who regularly ask me to sort out their PCs. I kinda like the one with the molecule for chillies on it too. I'm proud to be a geek...

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?