11 October 2006

This post from Eating Asia is the kind of press Muslims should be getting. These are the sort of people who just get on with their lives just like everyone else. I really can't stand the stupid Western press that just makes things worse by sensationalising negative Muslim stories. For instance, the Evening Standard recently had a headline - Muslim Taxi Driver Bans Guide Dog. Well, frankly, I've been banned from taxis because the taxi driver just couldn't be bothered, which is a worse reason if you ask me.

Quiet day at the office. Have started planning Christmas dos and sorting out Christmas cards for the office. How depressing.

I just learnt that a secretary in Mandarin is a 'mi shu' or 'secret book'. That's quite nice, I think.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
I like the word for bicycle: 自行車 (zi4xing2che1, self-going-vehicle), and computer 電腦 (dian4nao3, electric-brain)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?