6 October 2006

Dull, dull, dull.... that's how work is at the moment - full of inexplicably stupid, inefficient and dull people who think they are the essence of wit, professionalism and intelligence.

I spend most of my life having to deal with stupid courier companies, travel consultants and the bloody stupid secretary whom I am forced to work alongside with. All her redeeming qualities are eclipsed spectacularly by her complete lack of interest in her work and ability to make a mountain out of the minutest molehill.

I was forced to spend 6 hours yesterday fixing a monumental travel booking ****-up that she made as she'd blithely gone on holiday and the travellers are travelling today. They were set to go on a 15 day trip of the Far East taking in Tokyo, Shanghai & HK and she hadn't booked them any hotels for the whole trip so I had to find them rooms during the blummin' Mid Autumn Festival holiday, had managed to book them on the wrong outbound flight (and they weren't booked on flexible tickets) and had left vague instructions with the travel company about their visas for China so that no one seemed to know what was going on. All this, after telling me that she had NOTHING to hand over to me. I hope she has a miserable holiday.

She also had the gall to tell me that I was cheating using words like 'id' and 'erg' in Scrabble because she hadn't heard of them. "Let's change the rules", she said - like she's some grand master lexicographer. "Maybe we should stick to using the Oxford English Dictionary". "They are in the flaming OED...", I did retort, while mentally carrying on, "... you stupid cow... just because you've lost every single game but one that we've ever played...*£@!%^&*". Pathetic.

I had my top on inside out at work yesterday. Had to change hurriedly in the kitchen while I was making tea. Luckily I'd dragged myself in so early that no one was around.

Thank God it's Friday...

Labels: ,


Comments:
It's a joy working with stupid people, isn't it? You can never win an argument with a stupid person because they cannot follow a logical line of thought, and they are too stupid to understand when they have lost.

And it's entertaining to watch their ballroom-dancing-standard mental gyrations as they try to avoid facing the conclusion that you have painstakingly led them to, which is that they are stupid and wrong.
 
she probably will have had a miserable holiday if she made her own travel arrangements.
 
That cheers me up somewhat, seeing as how I spent yesterday morning sorting out yet more mistakes she'd made on travel bookings. Also she's holidaying in Clacton and we had torrential rain all day yesterday. Ha, ha, ha!
 
I think "holidaying in Clacton" says it all
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?