22 September 2006

At the audition, as suspected, it turns out the part is tiny, only Chinese-speaking (and not much of that) and only appears in one scene. They didn't have a script and just told us the plotline. Then came the killer question, "Are you interested in doing the part?" And, honestly, I said, "No..." (with a lot of other spiel as well). They seemed not too displeased about it and said that I wasn't the only one. However, they did say that if it transfers to the West End they might recast - so, fingers crossed, I may get to do it after all.

On another note, I see that there is a swish, massive indoor climbing centre in One Utama called Camp 5. That's exciting. They do courses and everything. Must mosey on down there next time I'm home.

Am starting preparations for cooking dinner on Saturday night for BB's friends, but I've lost my rendang recipe....! Aaargh....! All I know is that it involves copious amounts of dried chillies, lemongrass, shallots, galangal, coconut milk and grated coconut, turmeric and meat. Quantities be darned.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
We just use all that stuff preground and premixed out of a packet labelled Kari Rendang. The coconut milk comes out of a separate carton.
 
Sadly, premix Kari Rendang is not readily available here. I couldn't find galangal either. Bother.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?