25 July 2006

It is inevitable. Everyday the other secretary at work does something which results in great panic, frantic ringing round of people to reschedule things and making us both feel stressed for several hours before it all gets sorted out again. It's like watching a car crash about to happen. Whilst we get on alright, the errors she keeps making are driving me bonkers.

Can't wait to go on hols. I'm re-reading the The Dark is Rising series of books. They are very good indeed. It's been so long since I read them that I can't remember what happens next which is also good.

BB's mum's birthday do was fun. We had a nice meal at the Café Kintore which was roast duck with a soy orange dressing, beef fillet with bearnaise, chips & green beans and a strawberry pavlova. Nearly missed the plane back because BB misread the arrival time as the departure time when he checked us in online and then only noticed the mistake an hour before the actual departure time. I was rudely awakened by my post-prandial nap with, "AAAhhhh! The plane leaves in an hour. The gates close in 50 mins!" We hadn't packed or anything. Luckily, BB's family live 15 mins from the airport. Phewww.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
they are excellent. Why does good British fantasy writing often have a Welsh angle, I wonder
 
I haven't really read anything else with a Welsh slant. Not that I can remember. Though, to be fair, these have a Cornish and generally folklorish slant to them too.
 
diana Wynne Jones sometimes has a Welsh feel - that was me before by the way
 
Oh, I suppose, Cart & Cwidder. Is that how you spell it? I haven't read that for a gazillion years either.
 
They always kind-of lurch around King Arthur and his cohorts. It's like he's their only great legendary, mythical hero.
 
There were a lot of them though. And Robin Hood's not the same. Though all the stuff with the bloke with the stag's head and the great hunt is pretty cool too.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?