28 June 2006

My, those Wallaces were big collectors. I've never seen such a mass of armour and things weaponlike - even in the Royal Armouries in Leeds. Or maybe I've just blanked out how much armour there was in the Royal Armouries. The Wallaces also have a fine set of Canaletti and a couple of Rembrandts to boot. I wonder if they have great security. It didn't look it. But I guess there's not a lot you can do with a phalanx of Canaletti and Rembrandts except hang them in your own living room.

Am suffering from back pain, which is strange. I think it's because I've been sitting sort of corkscrewlike for the last two weeks due to situation of my monitor at work. It's now in the right place but the pain is not going away. I have to get up periodically and do stretches which elicits strange looks from fellow workpeople.

Tried to get away to dance class last week but was cornered by Finance Director who presumably wanted to chat. Just when someone is heading out the door is not a good time to have a chat. Went into spiel about why didn't want permanent job, actress, ooh, yes it's hard, this is what I've done in the past, oh, your daughter is interested in going into acting?, blah, blah, blah.... This made me 15 minutes late because I was too polite to say, "Gotta go... bye!" Still, I added the extra 15 minutes to my timesheet, so that's okay. I'd make a good lawyer, I feel.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?