15 May 2006

Back home

Only one day into the holidays and I've managed to sprain my ankle. Hurrah! So no trips to the Megamall just yet. Although, we have managed to fit in a couple of trips to Rajus for roti canai, fried fish & chicken. We landed on Wesak day in honour of the birth, enlightenment and some other thing I can't remember of Buddha. BB & I went to the Siamese temple near our house for the first time in my life. It was quite interesting to wander round. It was distincly non-touristy which is a good thing, with people just praying, burning incense, giving offerings and the like.

The little shops near our house were packed as a consequence, especially Rajus. Otherwise, there's just been a lot of pottering about due to hurt ankle - mainly sleeping, reading and a bit of mahjong playing. BB is going stir crazy I feel - a combination of heat, tiredness and mosquito bites. The mosquitoes seem to have gone off me as a menu option - thank goodness.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?