4 May 2006

No one I know voted today in the local elections. Now, I don't pretend to know much about politics or to know what any of the policies of the local candidates are or the parties they represent, but I kind of think that if somewhere back in the annals of time and throughout the ages since, people have rallied and fought and battered themselves to pieces to get the vote, the least we can do is turn up at the local library and put a tick in the box - even just to show the incumbent party whether you are happy with them or not and prove the censuses wrong or right.

Am pooped today. Too much work in the run-up to not being at work for the next 3 weeks. Hurrah!

Leftover curry for dinner. It's always better the next day.

It was the first truly hot day of the year and I'm off to Helsinki where it's still snowing (apparently) and people pass out from drinking too much vodka in the streets.

Labels:


Comments:
Helsinki sounds like my kind of place.

I understand more people voted in the last American Idol than voted in the last presidential explanation. Frankly I think they should make the winner of American Idol the President. He couldn't do a worse job.
 
Presidential explanation?
 
election. God, what is wrong with me.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?