7 April 2006

I have just had possibly three of the most fulfilling days I've ever had in my whole acting life. It was very hard work - total concentration for 9 hours each day with just 20 mins for lunch and a couple of quick toilet breaks. But, as I thought at the audition, the director is very, very good. It was like being paid to do a masterclass AND we get to travel as well. We're very lucky, lucky people.

The other actors are a good bunch and am looking forward to working with them again in Helsinki. It's going to be frightening because there will be no scripts at all. Just improvisation around various situations we've thought up. Eeek. But we will rise to the challenge - which is to leave them wanting more!

Back at work again. But I have a casting for Nintendo, so that should be fun. I think I have to be a Japanese warrior of some description.

Everyone at work is ill. M-A has stomach ulcers and E can't sleep and has mouth ulcers. I hope I get more acting work and can leave.

Labels: ,


Comments:
so exciting - what is your timetable for this show? Any chance we might be able to see it, like on video?
 
It is exciting. Just 20 mins performing on 9th May twice and then dates in June for Singapore and New York but don't know which dates yet. I think they will be videoing it so we should get copies. They videoed a lot of the rehearsals and are sending us DVDs of them for reference.
 
It's always exciting to work with people who are good. You're very lucky.
 
I know! : ) Now I'm afraid I'll forget it all. Or not rise up to the challenge.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?