19 March 2006

Went to dance class yesterday against my better judgement, did some food shopping and then was so tired when I got home that I couldn't cook. BB ended up doing Chicken Kiev, rice and salad for dinner instead. However, I licked the routine at the cost of my ever worsening cold. Pride cometh before a fall, and I didn't want to know that I couldn't do that dance routine. Sad, I know.

Anyway, today I made the lunch that was supposed to be yesterday's dinner. Steamed minced pork with Chinese mushrooms and salt egg, ham choi tau foo tong (my favourite), fried choi sum and rice with pieces of lap cheong thrown in. I've never cooked a salt egg before and was surprised to find that the yolk is rock solid before you cook it. I think it all came out well but I couldn't taste very much. BB said it was good and had second helpings which must be a good sign.

Poor BB is off to Dublin today for his mega huge presentation on his new scheme. He's up against Norman Foster for the tender of his project which must be daunting. He showed the scheme to me last night and it looks very impressive. It's a very prestigious site in Central London and looks very Canary Wharf mixed with Prada Tokyo. I think it looks cool.

Unfortunately, BB has to lug a 35 kilo model with him on the plane and the limit for a single piece of luggage, even with the excess, is 32 kg. I hope I don't get a sad phone call saying he's on his way back from the airport because they wouldn't let him onto the plane. These are the trials of not being the big boss and having to do all the carrying and lifting. Apparently, none of the courier companies would take it because it's fragile and the model makers said it had to be accompanied. I can't believe it's impossible to courier this kind of thing. It must all boil down to saving costs at the expense of BB's aggravation.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Any chance of posting pictures of his model, or are they confidential?
 
I can always get him to e-mail the presentation to you. The model is all made of acrylic and wood. There's a supercool helix type structure that is grown out of some computer program CAD thing - didn't really understand that bit. Sounded like something we used to grow out of our chemistry set when we were little.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?