14 March 2006

I'm quite excited to see a new children's bookshop is opening on Northcross Road. I am partial to a children's book or two, so I expect I'll be there as soon as the doors open.

Just had our favourite dinner of siu yook, siu ngap, ho yau choi sum and rice. The siu yook was very crispy which is always a treat.

Think I am shortly going to be let go from work. I kind of thought with the new boss and all that there would be some restructuring, and lo and behold, he got sent an org chart from HR today with the two temp roles removed. Ah well, it was good while it lasted. I shall apply for the DTP job that was in the Guardian on Saturday. It does involve working some funny shifts but pays a whole lot better than I'm getting now.

Good thing the Inland Revenue have finally got round to sending me my tax rebate cheque.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Oy, don't tell everyone where I work, or I'll get done if anyone ever stumbled over my blog!

I think the new company would probably be a City bank so no desirable goodies, although possibly bonuses all round.

Siu yoke was from China China. Usually good, but sometimes not crispy.
 
City bank, eh? Much better pay then. I seem to recall that Goldmans secretary who was stealing from her boss was on GBP40k pa. Make sure you're permanent staff so that you get included in the bonuses.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?