27 March 2006

I have just been given a series of books as a belated Christmas pressie from my friend A. They are set in a Japanesque alternative world and they are called Stories of the Otori by Lian Hearn. Quite enjoying them - I'm on to the 2nd book - but not sure if they're for children or adults. Perhaps young adults.

Went to Ganapati, a South Indian restaurant, in Peckham last night for dinner. They do thosai! And paratha, which is almost like roti canai! We enjoyed it very much. We started with poppadums and various chutneys/dips and street snacks (some kind of corn fritter and a potato dumpling thing) with more dips (including coconut chutney).

Main courses were Meen Moollee (a mild Keralan seabream curry), Kerala Kozhi (chicken cooked with roasted coconut and coriander masala) and Erissery (green bananas cooked in peppercorn, cumin and coconut masala. It was very good and I've just discovered they do a cheaper weekday, lunchtime menu too. I suspect I shall be going back fairly frequently.

Just got back from Tango class at the White Hart on Kennington Lane. My tango teacher has started a new class there on Monday evenings, followed by a milonga. It was great fun and I hope lots of people turn up - it was a bit quiet tonight.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
you are going to have to enable comment moderation to block these idiots.

I much prefer South Indian style curries to northern. In 2 weeks we are going to be in Malaysia and eating real roti canai. Ha ha ha!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?