16 March 2006

I have an audition for a corporate play/show coming up. The company is a consultancy that's doing work for my company. Maybe I can get the consultants we're working with to put in a good word. It sounds quite fun - a French director is involved and for the audition they require impro skills, physical/dancing skills, strong singing, comedy skills and lots of experience. Not much then. The best bit is that it will be performed in Helsinki and, possibly, Singapore and New York. I love being paid to travel and act.

Ate 3 Tunnocks caramel wafers today. Just a few months ago, I had no idea what one was, but now I do, I don't know how I managed without before.

Don't know what was wrong with me in dance class today but I just couldn't get the routine. I knew the steps, but they just wouldn't come out in time for the music. Very strange. Maybe it's the onset of Alzheimer's. Not that I'm alarmist or anything.

We've found out the specific strain of BB's recent affliction. It's suspected Henoch Schoenlein purpura but biopsy results don't come for a week. There are truly horrible pictures of pustules caused by said purpura on the John Hopkins site about vasculitis. Fortunately, BB's was nothing as bad as that or he'd have had to sleep in a plastic bag to stop weeping on the sheets.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
sounds exciting - hope you get it. What kind of corporate show can it possibly be? In my corporate life, I've never been entertained by anything that required acting/singing/dancing/comedy skills. And why Finland?

Now that you have found out specific nature of BB's ailment does that mean they can treat it? Is he better now?
 
PS Whenever I have a headache, I always think it's a brain tumour. Age is frightening.
 
I was guessing polyarteritis nodoso or cryoglobulinemia because of the legs.
 
Glad it isn't one of those. Both significantly nastier strains.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?