27 January 2006

Haven't written for ages as life actually became too interesting and had to go and live it. My boss resigned and then left 3 days after the official announcement. We kind of knew it was going to happen but didn't realise things would suddenly just escalate the way they did. It was pretty sad as she's just about the only real long-term boss I've had all my life. It was all hush hush and then suddenly a mad scramble to tell all the right people and make sure all her stuff was packed and all the things that you have to do when ordinarily you think you have a month to leave, when you actually only have three days. Now, we're all in limbo wondering what's going to happen to us.

In the meantime, I got the docu-drama job for Discovery channel and am suddenly off to Germany in a week's time to film in Cologne. Also had an audition for the Leicester Haymarket but probably blew the job by saying that I thought I was too old for the part and that all the characters in the play were just foils for the main character to bounce off and weren't really interesting in their own right. Perhaps honesty is not always the best policy.

Also have to prepare a tape for a top secret new children's programme that needs voices for the characters. Then, my temp agency calls up and asked if I would like to go work for some other company in the same field, for more money. They're going to find out if they'll let me carry on going to auditions and stuff and, if so, then I'm off.

All in all, I can't complain. About to embark on a weekend of celebratory meals for Chinese New Year and that's very good too. Have my Chinese snacks, cherry blossom and decorations and might even tidy up too.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
ooh, you could be the new Po and continue with her subversive dissemination of Cantonese through mainstream children's media

lovely to see you on Friday, only sorry it wasn't a longer visit
 
Very good to see you too big sis - and les petits Chakraborties too. Shame not to see le pere Chakraborty but we will all meet again come May. Hurray!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?