29 December 2005

Hello all! Am back from the unceasing frenzy of a small, snow-covered village (well, suburb masquerading as village) nr Aberdeen. Arrived back home just before 10pm to find the boiler has given up the ghost. Hurray! So, it's dark and cold in our little flat. Fortunately, the pipes haven't frozen up despite the Arctic temperatures.

We bunged on the puny fan heater (looking on the bright side - at least we have one), put on all our clothes over the ones we already had on including our coats and slunk under the duvet eating rapidly cooling Chinese takeaway. Have left BB to sort out a plumber and an electrician while I sit at work wrapped in all my clothes because someone has stolen our fan heater.

But, at least, no one broke into the flat or abused the car. So, that's quite good for a change.

BA outdid themselves on the catering front on our way up to Aberdeen. We got a bag of crisps and a drink. That's it. I made a joke about that being all that we were getting - but it actually was all that we were getting. Was dumbstruck after that, partly from hunger.

Not many people at work today so I shall be improving my Sudoku skills tenfold.

Labels:


Comments:
The Bits blogger that I link to tells a heartrending story about how he politely turned down a cooked breakfast at some friends where he was staying, because he didn't want to put them to any trouble. So he got some toast, while they proceeded to do a full cooked breakfast for themselves.
 
See, I wouldn't have that problem because I'm not one to turn down a good cooked breakfast.
 
I figure if they didn't want to make it, they wouldn't have asked, right?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?