5 November 2005

Received a letter from Alan Johnson, MP for Dept of Trade and Industry. This was in response to a letter that Tessa Jowell (my MP) sent to him because of an idle moment on the internet when I sent her a letter expressing my support for wind farms and renewable energy. I'm amazed.

Tessa Jowell had already sent me a letter telling me that she had forwarded my interest to the DTI, which already astounded me. Who would have thought that one's MP actually takes every single constituent's plea for attention seriously. They must be rushed off their feet as I have no doubt there are great hordes of people out there more than willing to fire off letters of discontent at the drop of a hat. It was signed personally and everything - not just pp-ed or stamped with her signature, although with the quality of printing these days it's hard to tell.

I'm not sure what all this letter writing has achieved - although apparently they will raise it as item 1-billion-and-something on the Government's mighty agenda. But as the correspondence comes on headed House of Commons stationery, I do look like I have friends in high places.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?