25 October 2005

We let Annoying Temp go yesterday. She has been replaced by Much Better Temp who managed to do more things in one day then Annoying did in a week. Went to tedious meeting yesterday about our programme plan going forward. I protest - I am a temp, even though I don't act like one, and have no real interest in such meetings, nor any business being there. I also missed my dance class because of said meeting. I accidentally forgot to go to another meeting today. I doubt I was missed much.

While I do my job well, most of the time I'm just thinking about lunch, breakfast, dinner, the gym and winning the lottery - with Sudoku thrown in occasionally. Sadly, have been too busy at work to think of any of these much.

Portugal was super swell and we were very unhappy to come back. Whilst there, we partook of caldo verde, Almeijoas al Bolhao Pato (clams with garlic), prawns - cold and hot, grilled sea bass, wild boar in piri piri sauce, piri piri chicken, sushi, bolos de cenouras and chocolate, soups, sandwiches and the like (courtesy of J's new café, Itso).

BA should be ashamed of the plane grub they served - faux ham and cheese pizza stick, coronation style rice salad and fruit cocktail (both of which looked suspiciously tinned). That was it. Pathetic.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
glad you got rid of the temp. I don't mind people being stupid as long as they're keen, but I'm increasing intolerant of poor attitude problems in the workplace. If people can't be bothered to work and cooperate, as far as I'm concerned, they should just remove themselves from society and stop blighting other people's lives with their parasitical presence.
 
as for the plane food, they would do better not to serve anything at all. Then people would come prepared with their own picnic lunches and have a better time (and BA would save money on catering).
It's just like presents - I would rather get no present at all, rather than a pathetic one that screams out "bought at the petrol station at the last minute"
 
I agree about the plane food. We were better prepared on the way back and I had a crabstick salad sandwich and carrot cake from J's café on the way back.

The other passengers looked on enviously as they had their melted pseudo-cheese and ham rubbish.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?