12 October 2005

This is one of those things that one needs lessons in life about (along with what you need to do when you have a child/get a car).

Received a letter from the solicitor dealing with the action against the guy who totalled N's car two years ago. The insurance company is pursuing him through court as he did not have valid insurance at the time and is refusing to admit guilt - even though the car was parked innocently at the side of the road minding its own business, and he was not. For some reason, I am named as the claimant, even though it is the insurance company who is trying to get the money back.

What I don't like is that the court document has my address on it, which means if the defendant is feeling vindictive he could walk the 40 or so houses down the road and be thoroughly unpleasant. BB says he can't see why he would have any interest in doing that, but the way I look at it, if he's the kind of person who doesn't have proper insurance and won't cough up when he damages other people's property, he probably doesn't mind being a nuisance to public either - especially those members of the public who are suing him. I may have to make a court appearance - though why I should is a mystery to me as I couldn't give any evidence except that I got home and the car was gone, having been taken to the knacker's yard by the police.

The court is in Walsall. Even though we both live in London. Typical.

Maybe I should claim for travel expenses, accommodation and unnecessary distress...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?