11 June 2005

Quiet weekend

Gee whiz! Glad to be home and just pottering about. Two weeks since I posted anything. Shows how I've esconced myself thoroughly back at work, temping at the old familiar places. It's also been a whirlwind of social activity - well mainly going out for post-work drinks for birthdays, leaving dos, barmitzvahs etc. (Well, not the last one).

Got an acting job at last - doing a voiceover for a new computer game. Just two hours work but pays pretty well. Hope it's a good game. I play a Chinese journalist with a strong HK accent (surprise, surprise).

Also, possibly, another voiceover in the pipeline for a company in Burbank, California. It's for a theme park on Lantau Island in Ngong Ping, which is going to be about Buddha and Buddhism. I'll be telling stories about his life and teachings. Hope I get it - should be fun. It'll probably be done by hook-up via ISDN, but it would be cool to go to California.

Nothing much to rant about. Have been trying to do Sudoku - the "new" puzzle craze that seems to have hit the UK. It's great! The interminable hour bus journey to and from work just whizzes by when my brain is being scrambled.

But boy am I am glad that today I'm not driving out to see cousin's extensions, hoiking halfway across London to birthday parties and forking out £15.00 to park in an NCP because they'd covered up all the Pay and Display machines and parking meters in town and so forth. Just dance class today. Hurray!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?