22 March 2005

I hate British Rail

I am infuriated by having been fined £10 for fare-dodging when I'm probably the last person in the world to fare dodge.

I was travelling from Charing Cross to London Bridge and the train seemed like a good way to do it. Anyways, I have a pre-pay Oyster card and when I ran it over the reader the gate beeped and flashed up with Seek Assistance - which I duly did. The guy just waved me through the gate when I said my ticket didn't work.

Anyway, I get to London Bridge and of course, the barrier won't let me out. So I go to pay the fare and explain the situation. Then it transpires that pre-pay cards are not accepted on National Rail. The ticket guy then proceeds to tell me I'm lying when I say that the guy at Charing Cross just waved me through when I told him my ticket wasn't working. Grrrr......

"You didn't tell him your ticket wasn't working, did you?"

Aaaargh.... I wanted to kick him hard in the shins. Anyway, as ignorance is no defence I had to pay bloody £10. I hope he chokes on his dinner.

I'm never travelling by National Rail ever again.

Labels:


Comments:
Poor Blobs, very infuriating, adding
insult to injury.
 
well I once travelled on KLIA express by buying a ticket from the autoticket machine. But instead of picking up the ticket from the machine I mistakenly took the receipt that it had produced. At the other end, they refused to believe that the receipt proved that I had bought a ticket and made me pay the 30 dollar fare again. I called them thieves and swore I would never travel KLIA express again - but I have because it is so convenient.
And if you think you are annoyed now, believe me, it is nothing, compared to how irate I was.
 
To add more insult to injury, I just found out that they've only just stopped accepting pre-pay on National Rail. I thought I'd used it before. Cheh! And the bloke said there were posters at every station, but there aren't. And they've only just gone up too. Double cheh!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?